Royal Canin hepatic feline-2kg
Rice, animal fats, maize, wheat gluten*, dehydrated pork protein*, maize gluten, vegetable fibres, hydrolysed animal proteins, minerals, chicory pulp, fish oil, soya oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, hydrolysed yeast (source of manno-oligo-saccharides), marigold extract (source of lutein)
Additives (per kg):
Vitamin A 15600 IU, vitamin D3 800 IU, iron 12mg, iodine 5.8mg, copper 5mg, manganese 57mg, zinc 225mg, selenium 0.41mg
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Hepatotoxicosis (copper storage disease)
- Liver failure
- Portosystemic shunt
- Hepatic lipidosis (except when in connection with hepatic encephalopathy)
- Pregnant or lactating cats, kittens
- High energy: Provides adult cats with adequate energy without overloading the stomach.
- High palatability: Well accepted by cats which have lost their appetite or are very choosy.
- Low copper: Low copper levels help to reduce copper accumulation in the liver cells.
- Antioxidant protection: A synergistic antioxidant complete (vitamin E, C, taurine, lutein) helps to neutralise free radicals.
Length of treatment:
- The feeding duration will depend on the severity of the symptoms and how quickly the liver regenerates. A six month feeding period is recommended. It is recommended that the daily portion is served in several small meals. This will help to reduce post-prandial effect on the liver.Further information:
Key points for dietetic therapy for liver disease:
- Make sure your pet gets food with the correct nutritional values: (high energy, optimal protein, mineral- and vitamin intake)
- Regulate liver cell regeneration (highly digestible proteins, L-carnitine)
- Reduce liver dysfunction (optimal amount of easy to digest protein, vegetable protein sources, pH acidification in the intestines, low sodium).